Fraction Fun

/
0 Comments


Oh boy!  It has been a while since my first post.  I got wrapped up in Parent Teacher Conferences, snow days, field trips, and data and didn't have much extra time to sit down with this little blog of mine!  Now that it's spring break (and there are 10 inches of snow outside my window!) I've got some updates for you!  We kicked off our study of fractions last week.  In 2nd grade we learn about halves, thirds, fourths, sixths, and eighths and equivalent fractions.  I started the unit by reading the book "Fraction Fun".  I only read some of it to my kids because some of it was just over their heads!  
We had some fun with some of the activities inside and made an anchor chart.  To finish off the week we made fraction sundaes!  The kids loved building their own ice cream sundae and making up all their flavor names.  It was the PERFECT activity for the last day before spring break!  



 Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back later this week with some reading response fun!




You may also like

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I'm Jane: lover of capturing beautiful moments. Sit back and enjoy!

Followers