Frogs, Fables, and the Earth!

/
0 Comments


Spring is just FLYING by!  There is so much going on in my classroom and at home that I wish there was a pause button in real-life.  We have butterflies growing, we just finished our spring play, and I feel like there is so much more I need to get in before school lets out in FIVE short weeks!  And on the home front...my sister is getting married in SIX days.  I absolutely cannot wait!  However, I am so NOT looking forward to toasting in front of a couple hundred people....talk about butterflies growing.  And on top of that, I'm trying to buy a house! (Does anyone else find this process completely exhausting?!) So this girl is ready for some slower times ahead!
Back to some classroom happenings...
We finished up our life cycle unit this week.  Oh my goodness how my 2nd graders loved watching the caterpillar's grow!  So fun.  We are letting them go tomorrow, hopefully it stays warm!  On Thursday we made fun hats showing the life cycle of a frog.



photo.JPG

You can download the activity from my TPT store now!  Just click the link below :)

                                   Inline image 1

Also, we finished up our study of fables on Friday.  We had a class debate on who was better: the tortoise or the hare?  The kids got so into it!  They were using evidence from the text and thinking of all sorts of good things to say!  After the debate we finished with a little persuasive writing and craftivity!  (I'll try to get these uploaded to TPT tomorrow...they are on my school computer and I am at home :))



And in celebration of Earth Day....I have a FREEBIE for you all!  Maybe you can find a way to incorporate it into your day tomorrow or sometime this week!
                          Inline image 1
I'm off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday!  Hope everyone has a great week!  (Only 5 Mondays left!)




You may also like

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I'm Jane: lover of capturing beautiful moments. Sit back and enjoy!

Followers